Yesterday and today my husband and I made this from scratch. GO US! I love working with power tools! How about you guys?
Then I made some black bean soup! Yummy!
Spicy Black Bean Soup
- 2-3 cups of black beans (I use pre-cooked that I had made the day before)
- 1/2 bell pepper chopped (don’t be too picky you are going to puree it at the end)
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 3 stalks of celery chopped
- 3 cups of chicken broths
- 1tbsp salt
- 1tbsp pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp mild ground pepper
- cheese, sour cream, chips, cilantro, pickled hot peppers (for garnish)
- Put everything in a pot or crock pot and cook for 3 hours.
- Puree up in a blender or with an immersion blender( I like this one, it’s just fun)
- Serve with your garnish
That’s it and it was soooo good!
Recipes coming this week…….garlic oil, eggplant parmesan (or mini pizzas as I like to call them), thai inspired salad