I love love love Sundays! A whole day to praise God, YES please! So sure I spent some time in garden. Pictures coming soon! They did not want to load tonight! BOO!
hanging out with family!
making dinner. baked southwest eggrolls mmm
making some icecream! Oh how I love thee ice cream maker!
But I spend more time than normal praising and worshiping Jesus!
So what will I be doing Sundays on here? Continuing that! Every Sunday I hope to post a Bible verse. I may or may not include some of my opinion or what I think it means or how it affects my life.
So today’s verse is 1 Kings 18:21
And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? If the Lord be God, follow him; but if Ba’al is God, then follow him. And the people answered him not.
Isn’t our God just the thing we follow the most, put the most time into, spend the most time thinking about? Friends, society, money, jobs, school, TV, fun times, drinking, worrying about the way I look, food, my spouse, my family have all consumed my life at one point in time. If the Lord is God and we believe He is God shouldn’t He be at the center of our lives, not these things that consume us.
I try and put God at the center of my day every day. Here’s a few of the things I do
- by trying reading the Bible at the beginning of everyday (I have to admit I miss some days),
- listening to more christian music,
- watching TV I think is in God’s rules,
- not worrying about my family but letting God have control of that,
- spending time with my spouse but also on my own,
- being helpful to those around me,
- giving at least 10% of our money every month helps me not to think about money so much
- trying not too eat too much (by far the hardest for me).
- I hope to add working/laboring at my church to this soon.
I’m not perfect though, and I fail a lot with these but I wake up everyday and try again, in the hopes of following God the way He would want me too.
How do you follow God? Do you, or have you ever, had things that consumed your life? Have ever really thought about if you were following God? Are you ever on the fence about something? What do you do on Sundays?