yesterday we had a February Thanksgiving! I love turkey! Don’t you? What I don’t love is the processed turkey you get from the store, YUCK! But I do buy it and eat it. If at all possible though I make my own. Why? Well because of the yuck factor, it’s cheaper, healthier, and more satisfying to eat something that you made instead of bought. So here is my favorite recipe!
Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
Mix some seasoning together, anything is really good
my favorite is:
2 tbsp sea salt
1 tsp mustard powder
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground coriander (there is my favorite spice again)
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp savory
1 tsp lemon zest
12/ tsp ground cloves
4-6 lb turkey breast (yes it is a lot but this makes sandwiches for two weeks)
2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 450 yes it is hot, this will brown the turkey and lock in your moisture
- Mix your seasonings together so they will be evenly distributed all over
- clean up your turkey breast, basically just check it for feathers and stuff inside
- Rub it all over with oil and then your seasoning mix, good practice for nightly activities 😉
- Put in a oven roaster breast up very important that way the breast gets nice and brown
- Put in 450 oven for 30 minutes yes it will sizzle and crackle and smoke but it is all good until it turns DARK brown
- Turn oven down to 325 for about 90 minutes. Sometimes it gets done in about an hour but it depends on your turkey size and oven.
- LET REST 20 minutes. this locks in the juice do NOT skip this step
- Slice up and serve.